Kyra Alexandria's UCSD Journal

A textual and visual record of my college journey

Latest Posts

Thursday October 1, 2015

By 10:38 AM

It's finally October! Yayyyy! I'm not particularly fond of Halloween or the fall, but hitting this month means we're finally close to Thanksgiving, when I get to go home, and to Winter and Christmas, both of which I passionately adore :)

Thursdays are always particularly bright for me because they mean I get to see my finally while we talk. (I say see specifically because I text all of my family members constantly but Skyping makes those convos so much sweeter :)

I left for Feminist Theory super early to eat breakfast. My travels and meal taking much less time than expected, I ended up with extra free time, which I spent wandering through Muir. I found a convenience store (which conveniently didn't have any mint life saver mints), I also found a basketball court that was so empty, peaceful, and calming that I know I'll return.

***

Though we had to push our Skype time back for the boys' tutoring session, we ended up talking for a total of ninety minutes, and it made me so happy (still a heartsick, but mostly okay).

After Skyping, I spent most of Thursday evening frantically preparing for Chemistry the next day (safety video, safety quiz, watching pre-lab video, printing lab paperwork, completing said paperwork, etc.). It was stressful, but I missed feeling productive and so the exhaustion that put me to bed was familiar and comforting.

More to come,
XO

You Might Also Like

0 comments