Kyra Alexandria's UCSD Journal

A textual and visual record of my college journey

Latest Posts

Sunday October 11, 2015

By 5:00 PM

ELP Retreat Day 2:

The day began at 7:30, which means most of us had a grand total of roughly 4-ish hours of sleep. Woo! #DecisionMakingSkills

I'm in the back still holding my partner in crime!
Anyway, we ate, played some games, then had rec time! I tried out archery and shooting for the first time! Archery definitely requires skills I do not have, but I got pretty good with the BB gun rather quickly. I quickly matriculated from the paper cutout to the Pepsi cans, and I was killing it by the way!

It was super exciting tackling these new things, but there was the bittersweet feeling in my heart because I was making memories without my family. We'd been wanting to try archery together for a while, and doing it without them felt like a (small) emotional betrayal. (I say small to minimize what I did, but because I know that my parents sent me away expressly to experience new things.) I guess I have this to say to my brothers: work hard, so you can attend your dream Uni and have even more incredible experiences!

On the bus ride back, we stopped by Moms's pies, and I had a brownie sundae that was bomb! After we made it back and everyone had tome to shower and unpack we made plans to meet up for games and dinner. Before the festivities though, I made time to Skype my beautiful familia; I was bursting with excitement and wanted to tell them face-to-face about my experiences!

We headed to Vallarta for dinner; it's a small nearby taqueria. We ate outside and enjoyed each other's company along with the air's naturally comfortable temperature. The food was delicious and the pricing was decent. I'll be back!

More to come!
XOX

You Might Also Like

0 comments