Kyra Alexandria's UCSD Journal

A textual and visual record of my college journey

Latest Posts

Thursday September 24, 2015

By 10:04 AM

FIRST DAY OF CLASSES!!!

My first class was Feminist Theory (Gender Studies) in Muir @ 12:30. I went early to eat breakfast in their dining hall (sausage & a biscuit with honey, yum!). I got a lot of strange looks because I chose to rick my UCLA tee, but hey, it's hot here! Anyway class was small, and calm, but the professor seems intelligent and competent. The class, she said, will be heavy reading about a topic I'm very interested in, so I'm excited and anticipating coming out much more educated on the other side :)

With nothing to do between classes, I sat around for an hour and forty-five minutes. Next was Revelle 1 in Center Hall (down Library walk). The teacher was incredibly kind and spirited. I ended up sitting next to a guy from the Bay who was kind, if not a little chatty. But we got along fine.

***
I bailed on a dorm trip to the cliffs to video chat my beautiful family! I was worried hearing their voices would made my heart sick, but my joy overpowered my sadness and we talked for an hour about everyone's adventures since Tuesday. Mom sounded so excited, and Dad looked so focused, ha! It was so wonderful seeing and hearing them, but after we hung up it took everything I had not to cry.

More to come!
XO

You Might Also Like

0 comments