Kyra Alexandria's UCSD Journal

A textual and visual record of my college journey

Latest Posts

Sunday September 27, 2015

By 11:09 PM

It was really difficult to wake up this morning, I guess because I don't have anywhere I need to be or anything I need to do. I miss my family sooo much. (I'm crying as I write this, ha!) I just want to hug my mom, and kiss my brothers, and talk to my dad in person. I feel very isolated & alone without them.

And now Pandora is playing "Higher Ground" by Stevie Wonder which means I have to straighten up & get myself together. This must just be a part of my journey, but I tell you this: I cannot wait to get home for Thanksgiving. I am more determined than ever to make it happen. It's a helpful idea to me because it means I've really just gotta get through October. Then, come November I'll have my concert to look forward & then I get to leave!!! :)

***

Unfortunately, I missed my group interview for the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) this morning, but I've got an individual interview set up for 1:30, and I'm gonna work my hardest to be impressive. I really want this: I want to be in this program, I want this to work out for me, I want to prove to myself that I'm in the right place right now.

I have 2 big goals for this school year: maintain at least a 3.3 GPA and get deeply involved in at least 1 club or program. I'm hoping ELP can be a part of my latter goal.

 


After getting myself together for the individual ELP interviews, I was pleasantly surprised to see Sherry was also applying! When I made it back to my dorm, I decided to nail down my Thanksgiving plans, and was thrilled to tell my folks that I'll be taking the train home to visit! :)
I literally could not be more grateful to Ms. Sharon than I am today. Her generosity has already made my transition so much easier. She's a blessing in the flesh.

***

We had a (mandatory) suite meeting this evening to establish ground rules and norms for the shared space, and later invited suite 250 over for games. They're rowdy, and amusing. So the night ended with lots of laughs :)

More to come!!!
XOX

You Might Also Like

0 comments