Kyra Alexandria's UCSD Journal

A textual and visual record of my college journey

Latest Posts

"We survived. Fow whatever it's worth, I'm glad it's over" | A Year 2 Reflection

By 5:19 PM

"We survived. For whatever it's worth, I'm glad it's over"
~ Jack Liebau

My second year is over! And though it was eventful, it was also extremely draining. 

Some Lows:

  • My terrific boss resigning early in the school year
  • The US Presidential election in November 2016
  • Mass shooting of Black folks in La Jolla [x]
  • Graduation & relocation of 2 of my best friends in Spring
  • General exhaustion (2 jobs, school, several extracirriculars, etc...)
Some Highs:
  • A wonderful job through which I made some best friends
  • The creation of a best friend group I predict will exist the rest of my life
  • Moonlight 😍 [x]
  • Deepening my connection with myself (prioritizing wellness, critically reevaluating my goals, giving myself grace)
My second year was turbulent, but I learned so much in the process: I learned to be patient and forgiving the way I would hope others would be towards me, I learned that relying on others is challenging but often rewarding, I learned to trust my instincts, and I mostly learned that my relationship with UCSD is not as sustainable as I thought...

With that being said, I am very excited to be graduating from UCSD one year early! #Classof2018

Until next time,

You Might Also Like

0 comments