Kyra Alexandria's UCSD Journal

A textual and visual record of my college journey

Latest Posts

"Imagination is the beginning of creation..." | Beginning My 3rd (Last) Year & Thinking Beyond

By 9:48 AM

"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will." 
~George Bernard Shaw



And so, it beginsthe beginning of the end of my college experience. My first 2 years at UCSD were filled with strife and learning: who I am, what the world is, what I think we both could be. It has been a tumultuous, yet rewarding journey that I cannot wait to complete.

This year I am in 2 primary leadership positions: I am a Resident Assistant to 66 residents living on campus this year, I am also Co-Chair of the Black Student Union's Inclusion Committee. Additionally, I aspire to conduct my own research project this school year, as well as Study Abroad this summer in Hong Kong.

Needless to say, there is a lot on my plate! And while things have not been 100% perfect thus far, I am excited. There is energy to my motions and there is dedication to my work. What I build now is the future and I am excited to help be its architect. I am now, more than ever, in the process of sculpting my life; this task requires delicacy, focus, finesse, and imagination.

Wish me the best!

You Might Also Like

0 comments